Winter Camps FAQs
Winter Camps FAQs
WHEN DOES WINTER CAMP REGISTRATION OPEN?
- Member registration for camps begins at 8:00 am on Tuesday, October 24th. General registration will begin on Friday October 27th.
HOW DO I GET ON A WAITING LIST?
- If a camp is sold out and you would like to be added to a waiting list, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, email address, phone number, child’s name and current grade level, and the camp session you are interested in.
DO YOU OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS?
- Yes! Scholarship applications are due by Monday, October16th.
- Scholarship criteria – Pierce County residents who are enrolled in one of the following programs: EBT/Washington Quest, P-EBT (Pandemic EBT), WIC nutrition program, foster parenting & kinship care.
- Download a Zoo Camp Scholarship Application.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL OR CHANGE MY CAMP REGISTRATION?
- We appreciate you notifying us immediately should you need to cancel or change your Camp registration.
- No refunds for cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the program start date.
- For cancellations requested more than 14 days prior to the program start date an 80% refund will be given.
- Camp date changes (if available) will be charged a 20% rescheduling fee.
- PDZA reserves the right to cancel any program. If it is necessary for PDZA to cancel a program, all program fees will be refunded.
- Contact us at email@example.com or 253-404-3800 (M-F 8:00 am-4:30 pm) to request cancellation or change.
WHERE WILL CAMP ACTIVITIES TAKE PLACE?
- Camps will spend time inside and outside, rain or shine. Please make sure your child is dressed for the weather!
- Each group will have a designated indoor learning space in the Environmental Learning Center (SAMi High School).
- Each camper will have their own cubby or designated space for storing backpacks and other belongings.
- Not every camp group will get to visit every part of the Zoo for these one-day Winter Camp sessions.
WILL I RECEIVE A CAMP REMINDER?
- You will receive an email 1-2 weeks before your camp session with any updated information.
ARE THERE ANY FORMS TO COMPLETE?
- A completed Camp Participant Form and signed Waiver (on the back of the form) for each camper must be handed in to camp staff on the first day of camp. Please do NOT email us your form in advance. Without the form and waiver, we cannot admit a child to Zoo Camp.
- If you do not have access to a printer: we can provide a blank printed copy of the Camp Participant Form when you arrive at camp – please plan to spend a few extra minutes completing this form when you get here.
- The Camp Participant Form includes the following:
- Parent/Legal Guardian and Emergency Contact Information
- List of adults with authorization to pick-up your child.
- Any medical information that will help our Zoo Camp staff understand and support the needs of your child.
- Any behavioral concerns that will help our Zoo Camp staff understand and support the needs of your child. Please submit an Accommodation Requests form if your child could benefit from additional support.
- Waiver for camp participation.
ACCESSIBILITY AND ACCOMMODATION REQUEST:
Metro Parks Tacoma strives toward providing inclusive programs to all community members. People of all abilities are invited to consider registering for any recreational program Metro Parks Tacoma has to offer provided they meet the minimum eligibility requirements. If your child would benefit from special assistance, please complete an Accommodation Request form through Metro Parks Tacoma at least 2 weeks in advance of your child’s camp session.