Reopening the Zoo
Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium is open with a new outdoor, one-way Zoo experience that keeps everyone safe. Come reconnect with wildlife, and feel the wonder all over again.
A lot of things have changed – so read carefully to know what to bring and expect. Then get your timed online ticket. We’re excited to see you!
Due to recent Covid-19 updates, both aquariums, all indoor spaces and the playground are temporarily closed.
What to Know
- Face coverings required for anyone 5 and over. Learn more.
- Remember your water bottle (refilling station open at lower restrooms)
- Bring your own stroller/wheelchair/scooter if you need it (no rentals.)
- Bring credit/debit cards for in-Zoo purchases (no cash.) Parking is free.
- Please follow the one-way path (marked with white arrows) around the Zoo.
- Wear your face covering, and keep that 6-foot social distance!
- All indoor and high-touch areas are closed for now, including aquariums, underwater viewing, Asia dayroom, carousel and playground.
- Pick up food or drink to go at our cafe.
New Zoo map
More questions? Read the FAQ.
Keeping you safe
- Following all current Washington state guidelines
- Limiting daily attendance with timed tickets
- Closing indoor and high-touch areas
- One-way foot traffic around the Zoo
- All staff members and guests 5 and over wear face coverings
- Increasing sanitation procedures
- Hand sanitizing stations around the Zoo, with reminders
- Visual guides and reminders to social distancing
- No-touch front gate and restroom entry
- Plexiglass screens and no cash transactions