Reopening the Zoo
Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium have reopened with a new outdoor, one-way Zoo experience that keeps everyone safe. Come reconnect with wildlife, and feel the wonder all over again.
A lot of things have changed – so read carefully and watch the video to know what to bring and expect. Then get your timed online ticket. We’re excited to see you!
NOTE: Both aquariums are now open!
What to Know
- Open 9am-5pm daily (last entry 4pm).
- Get a timed ticket online (members too). Choose your entry time, then check your email.
- Bring your printed ticket or phone to scan at the gate.
- Entry is ONLY at ticketed time. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Face coverings required for anyone 5 and over. Learn more.
- Remember your water bottle to refill. Drinking fountains are closed.
- Bring your own stroller/wheelchair/scooter if you need it (no rentals.)
- Bring credit/debit cards for in-Zoo purchases (no cash.)
- Use the Mildred St or Pearl St park entrance. Arrive 15 minutes early.
- Parking is free in the Zoo parking lot.
- Wait in your car until 5 minutes before your ticket time, then walk down to the gate.
- Please follow the one-way path (marked with white arrows) around the Zoo.
- Wear your face covering, and keep that 6-foot social distance!
- Some indoor and high-touch areas are closed for now. Aquariums now open!
- Pick up food or drink at our cafe (no outside food except for dietary restrictions.)
New Zoo map
More questions? Read the FAQ.
Keeping you safe
- Following all Washington state guidelines
- Limiting daily attendance with timed tickets
- Closing some indoor and high-touch areas
- One-way foot traffic around the Zoo
- All staff members and guests 5 and over wear face coverings
- Increasing sanitation procedures
- Hand sanitizing stations around the Zoo, with reminders
- Visual guides and reminders to social distancing
- No-touch front gate and restroom entry
- Plexiglass screens and no cash transactions