Welcome to the Zoo!
We can't wait to see you.
Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium connects you with animal wonder and experiences. Please read carefully to know what to bring and expect. Then get your online ticket. We’re excited to see you!
Most animal habitats are open today. Learn more about temporary exhibit closures.
Plan Your Day
Before your daytime visit
Online tickets and more.
- See open hours here.
- Get an online ticket and then check your email.
- Bring your printed ticket or phone to scan at the front gate.
- Tickets are non-refundable. Parking is free.
Animals and Keepers
You never know who you'll meet.
- Meet our animals and the keepers who care for them.
- Our Tidal Touch Zone in the Pacific Seas Aquarium is open daily for gentle touching.
- Goat encounters are also open daily.
Meet the New Walruses
Balzak and Lakina
Walruses Balzak (pronounced bell’-zik) and Lakina (pronounced la-kee’-na), born just weeks apart, have been together their entire lives. Lakina is inquisitive and curious while Balzak is more reserved and patient. Both are quick learners. Meet them at our Rocky Shores habitat.
Play at the Zoo
Playgrounds and more!
Our playgrounds are open! After your Zoo visit, explore beautiful Point Defiance Park, with gardens, trails and more.
Buy your online ticket.
Tickets, Directions & Parking
Food & Drink
Rentals & Accessibility