Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium is open with a new Zoo experience that keeps everyone safe. Come reconnect with wildlife, and feel the wonder all over again.
Things have changed – so read carefully to know what to bring and expect. Then get your timed online ticket. We’re excited to see you!
The playground is temporarily closed.
What to Know
- Face coverings required for anyone 5 and over. Learn more.
- Remember your water bottle (refilling station open at lower restrooms)
- Bring credit/debit cards for in-Zoo purchases (no cash.)
- Parking is free.
New Zoo map
More questions? Read the FAQ.
Keeping you safe
- Following all current Washington state guidelines
- Limiting daily attendance with timed tickets
- Closing high-touch areas
- All staff members and guests 5 and over wear face coverings
- Increasing sanitation procedures
- Hand sanitizing stations around the Zoo, with reminders
- Visual guides and reminders to social distancing
- No-touch front gate and restroom entry
- Plexiglass screens and no cash transactions