Welcome to the Zoo!
Can't wait to see you.
Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium connects you with animal wonder and experiences. Please read carefully to know what to bring and expect. Then get your timed online ticket. We’re excited to see you!
Plan Your Day
Before your visit
Timed online tickets and more.
- See open hours here.
- Get a timed ticket online (members don't need one). Choose your entry time, then check your email.
- Bring your printed ticket or phone to scan at the gate.
- Entry anytime after ticketed time. Tickets are non-refundable. Parking is free.
What you'll need
Bring these things!
- Masks are required indoors for ALL guests age 5+ in compliance with state health guidelines. Learn more.
- Remember your water bottle to refill.
- Bring credit/debit cards for in-Zoo purchases (no cash.) Our cafes and food kiosks are all open.
Animals and Keepers
You never know who you'll meet.
- The full schedule of Keeper Chats and Animal Encounters is back! Meet our animals and the keepers who care for them.
- Stingray Cove and Tidal Touch Zone are now open for gentle touching (selected hours).
- Goat feeding is open daily!
Play at the Zoo
Carousel, playground and more.
- Our antique carousel is now open! ($2 general/$1.50 members)
- Our playground and splash pad are open too.
- After your visit, explore beautiful Point Defiance Park, with gardens, boat rentals and more.
New Zoo map
Buy your timed online ticket.
More questions? Read the FAQ.
Tickets, Directions & Parking
Health & Safety
Food & Drink
Rentals & Accessibility
Keeping you safe
What we're doing at the Zoo.
- Following all current Washington state guidelines
- Limiting in-person contact with timed tickets
- Masks are required indoors for ALL guests age 5+ in compliance with state health guidelines.
- Increasing sanitation procedures
- Hand sanitizing stations around the Zoo, with reminders
- No-touch front gate and restroom entry
- Plexiglass screens and no-cash transactions