Daytime Online Ticketing FAQ
What you need to know
How do print-at-home tickets work?
Print-at-home tickets work in much the same way as buying other kinds of tickets online. Follow these instructions:
- Click the Buy Tickets button below to go to the ticket sales page.
- Choose the ticket(s) and quantity of tickets that you need.
- Choose the time you wish to visit the Zoo.
- Confirm your quantity and price.
- Pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express , or Discover.
- Complete the checkout process.
- Check your email. You will receive an email from PDZA admissions with a PDF that contains the tickets.
- Open the PDF attachment. (To open the tickets, you must have Adobe Reader loaded on your computer.)
- Print your tickets. A ticket may be printed multiple times, but only the first ticket that is scanned will be valid.
- Please ensure that you bring the printed tickets with you when you come to the Zoo.
- You may also bring your phone to have the pdf scanned from there. (Tip: Turn brightness to 100% for best scanning.)
- Once you have arrived, proceed to the turnstiles and scan your tickets. If you have any issues at the turnstiles, please notify the visitor services staff at the front entrance.
- Having issues purchasing tickets online? Please email the visitor services supervisor at email@example.com
What if I forget my tickets?
You must prove the identity of the person who bought the tickets with a photo ID and provide either the printed purchase confirmation or the ticket number. Contact the Visitor Services Supervisor upon arrival.
What if I paid for tickets but did not receive an email?
You should receive an email from PDZA admissions with a PDF Attachment that contains the tickets. This email will come from an address ending with @tacomaparks.com. You may want to add this domain name to your safe senders list. If you do not receive the emails be sure to check your spam or junk mail box. Other delays could be due to problems with your Internet connection or service provider.
What if I received the email but have trouble printing tickets?
Be sure to either print your purchase confirmation or write down the ticket numbers. You will need this information and a photo ID to redeem the tickets. If you experience problems, please email the Visitor Services Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also bring your phone to have the pdf scanned from there.
How long are online tickets valid?
Tickets will be marked with a specific date and time, and are valid only for that date and time.
Can I apply my online ticket toward an annual membership on the day of my visit?
Yes, you may apply your purchase toward the price of an annual Zoo membership on the day you visit the Zoo. Bring your ticket to a Zoo staff member at the front gate.
How secure is this transaction?
We have partnered with Gateway Ticketing Systems to make print-at-home tickets as secure as possible. All credit card information is encrypted before transmission and storage. However, as with all online transactions, the purchaser also has an important role to play:
- Always keep your anti-virus software up to date.
- Always empty your browser cache and history if you are using a public computer.
- Never give out your credit card information if you have any doubts about the authenticity of a web page.
- Never send your credit card information via email.