Summer Camp FAQs
SUMMER CAMPS 2022
Our camp programs are popular and often sell out before they go on sale to the general public. Consider buying a membership to enjoy the early camp registration benefit as well as many visits to the Zoo.
Frequently asked questions:
How do I get on a waiting list?
- If a camp is sold out and you would like to be added to a waiting list, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, email address, phone number, child’s name and current grade level, and the camp session.
Do you offer scholarships?
- Yes, we do. However, the deadline for scholarship applications has now passed.
What if I need to cancel or change my camp registration?
- We appreciate you notifying us immediately should you need to cancel or change your Camp registration.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-404-3800 to request cancellation or change.
- No refunds for cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the program start date.
- For cancellations requested more than 14 days prior to the program start date, an 80% refund will be given.
- Program/Camp date changes (if available) will be charged a 20% rescheduling fee.
Where will camp activities be taking place?
- Each group will have a designated learning space in the Education Center or the Environmental Learning Center (SAMi High School).
- Each camper will have their own cubby or tote for storing backpacks and other belongings.
- Camps will visit various areas of the Zoo, including the indoor Pacific Seas Aquarium galleries.
- Two- and three-day camp sessions may not have time to visit every part of the Zoo.
Will I receive a camp reminder?
You will receive more details and any applicable updates in an email the week before your camp session.
Are there any forms to complete?
- Yes, a completed Participant Form with a signed Waiver (on the back of the Participant Form), must be given to Zoo Camp staff before your child can be admitted to camp. This form includes the following:
- Parent/Legal Guardian and Emergency Contact Information.
- List of adults with authorization to pick-up your child.
- Any medical information that will help our Zoo Camp staff understand and support the needs of your child.
- Any behavioral concerns that will help our Zoo Camp staff understand and support the needs of your child.
- Signed waiver for camp participation.