Ocean Friendly Restaurants
Plastic pollution is suffocating our ocean and the animals and birds who call it home.
It’s up to humans to solve the problem – and restaurants are stepping up to make a big impact.
Restaurants for the ocean
The Ocean Friendly Restaurants program, supported by Surfrider Foundation and Metro Parks Tacoma/Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium, is a way for restaurant owners to learn about and commit to ocean-friendly actions.
You can qualify by making some simple changes to food service practices, such as eliminating plastic bags and finding alternatives to polystyrene foam or plastic straws. See the Surfrider registration page for more details.
Apart from helping solve one of the biggest threats to our ocean, you’ll show your commitment to protecting our environment. You’ll become a community role model, bring in customers who value sustainability and get lots of support.
We'll Support you
Here’s what you’ll get when you join up!
- help transitioning to more sustainable food service
- shout-outs through our social media and websites
- promotional materials like “Ocean Friendly” window sticker and table-toppers
- opportunities to host groups in the program
- opportunities for collaborative promotions