Know Before You GoWe are committed to providing a safe, fun, educational experience for our visitors while ensuring the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and animals.
- Do not touch any animals unless they are in an area that allows contact.
- Do not bring any type of roller skates, skateboards, scooters or bicycles into the Zoo.
- Do not bring balloons, frisbees, or balls into the Zoo.
- Pets are not allowed on Zoo grounds or in zoo facilities. Service Animal Policy
- Reserve the elevators for visitors with mobility issues (e.g. strollers, wheelchairs)
- Do not shout at animals or tap on exhibit windows or openings.
- Do not feed animals except in designated areas
- Remain fully clothed at all times.
- Do not smoke on Zoo grounds; this includes the use of e-cigarettes.
- Never leave a pet inside of a parked car.
- Don't leave valuables in your car. Rent one of our lockers instead!
And also: Here at the Zoo we're fighting plastic pollution. Help us - and the planet - by bringing a reusable water bottle and refilling it at one of our six water stations around the Zoo.Please note: We reserve the right to address individuals or groups that are behaving inappropriately or are not following the Code of Conduct. Actions may range from a warning to expulsion from the zoo or arrest by the Tacoma Police Department.
Around the Zoo
All exhibit areas, restaurants, gift shop and main restrooms are ADA accessible.
Exploring the Aquarium
An elevator inside the South Pacific Aquarium will take you down to see the sharks.
NOTE: Strollers are not allowed inside the Aquarium.
See the Zoo Map.
Did you know? We are an Idle-Free Zoo. You can help animals by turning off your car when stopped for more than 30 seconds. Small actions make a big difference!