Covid-19 Dive FAQs
Safe, Healthy Dives
SOME THINGS STAY THE SAME
- Peace of mind! Disinfection procedures for dive regulators/mouthpieces & masks in place since Eye-To-Eye Shark Dives started in 2013 are the same ones that are now being recommended worldwide for dive facilities in response to Covid-19.
- The experience! You will have the same high quality safety briefing as always, enthusiastic and professional staff assisting you and caring for your safety throughout, and an amazing opportunity to get in the water with sharks.
- After the dive, we’ll still talk about shark biology, threats to sharks, and what people can do to help.
IS ANYTHING DIFFERENT?
- Group ticketing continues. As Washington reopens, we are offering a group booking option for up to 4 people who are comfortable being close to each other. The ticket price includes ALL DIVERS, and includes admission to PDZA.
- Masks are required indoors for ALL guests age 5+ following state health guidelines. Please wear your mask during the dive safety and educational briefing before and after your dive.
PRE-SCREENING AND SAFETY BRIEFING
Before coming onsite, please complete this pre-screening assessment, in accordance to state requirements. There may be additional screening, including temperature checks, conducted before your dive.
- Have you been diagnosed with Covid-19 and have not recovered or are still within the required 14-day quarantine? (also, see below)
- Have you had a fever within the past 3 days (72 hours) without the use of fever-reducing medications?
- Have you had respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) within the past 3 days (72 hours)?
- Have you started having symptoms within the past 10 days?
- Have you had contact with a person that has or is suspected to have Covid-19-19 (within the last 14 days)?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you will not be able to enter the dive building and will need to reschedule for another day. Please do not risk the health and safety of our staff or fellow visitors!
WHAT IF I HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19?
The respiratory effects of Covid-19 may be incompatible with diving, even after initial recovery. It is still a new disease with limited information available. For participation options for those who have received a positive diagnosis, we will follow the current recommendations from the leading dive medical experts:
If you have tested positive with Covid-19 and have remained completely asymptomatic:
- Within 2 weeks of the test, entry to program will be denied due to governor’s mandate.
- Within 2 to 4 weeks, you may participate in a modified surface only experience unless you can provide a physician’s release for diving.
If you have tested positive for Covid-19 and were symptomatic, but not hospitalized:
- Within three months, you may participate in a modified surface only experience unless you can provide a physician’s release for diving.
If you have been hospitalized with pulmonary symptoms related to Covid-19:
- Within 3 months, entry to the program will be denied and you must reschedule for a later date. Regardless of date, you may only participate in a modified surface-only experience unless you can provide a physician’s release for diving.
The modified surface-only experience is conducted regularly for those who cannot for medical reasons, or do not wish to, go all the way underwater. In this experience you will still get to see the amazing sharks swim closely by, and it is a safe and fun.