Applications open December 1, 2023
Zoo Guides will:
- Talk with Zoo Guests about the animals in our exhibit areas.
- Educate Zoo Guests on a variety of animal, conservation, and environmental issues.
- Guide activities in exhibit areas to encourage both children and adults to think about their place in the natural world and their role in conservation.
- Interact with Zoo Guests of all ages in a fun and educational setting.
- Have the opportunity to assist with Zoo-wide Special Events during the school year upon successful completion of the summer season.
Questions? Please contact the Volunteer Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Large and small group interviews will be held in late February. Not all applicants will be interviewed and accepted. If accepted, Zoo Guides must commit to attending 9 required training sessions in March – June and working one, 6-hour shift per week for 9 weeks during the summer season.
Please Note: Zoo Guides DO NOT assist with animal care.