Adult volunteers assist with a variety of activities around the zoo from on-grounds education to greeting guests at the front entrance. Check out our opportunities and opening dates.
- At least 18 years old
- Interested in and care about people, animals, and conservation
- Friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and dependable
- Committed to the highest standards of customer service
- Able to meet their position’s minimum commitment of hours
- Able to attend a required Zoo Orientation
- Able to contribute a $40 administrative fee (financial assistance is available)
- Able to pass a standard national background check
STEP 1: Complete and submit an online application.
STEP 2: Individual interview. We’ll send details once you’ve submitted.
STEP 3: PDZA orientation, compulsory for all accepted volunteers. Dates: Sept/Oct 2019
Applications open – check individual positions.