June 2 - June 3
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Dive in to experience the magic of ocean life as we celebrate World Ocean Weekend. Watch marine animals receive special enrichment treats and discover how you can help the ocean and its glorious creatures. Watch a giant sand sculpture being built, and play in the sand!
Activities May 19-June 1
- See Baja Beach, a giant sand sculpture being built May 19-June 3
- Sand Play Activity Tent 9:30-11am, 1:30-3pm near the sculpture on the lawn
- Watch demonstrations at 11am daily by our professional sand sculptors
Activities June 2-3
- 10:30am 1:30pm and 3:30pm Sand sculpting workshops - learn from a pro! (30 mins; 12 people max, sign up on the day at the Sand Play Activity Tent)
- 9:30-11am, 1:30-3pm Sand Play Activity Tent near the sculpture on the lawn
- 10am-4pm Touch marine creatures in our mobile pool - near lower North Pacific Aquarium
- 10am-1pm, 2-5pm Touch sharks and rays - Stingray Cove
- 10:30am-2:30pm Marine mammal food prep tours - Rocky Shores
- Interactive ocean activities 10am-4pm
- 11am Shark feed (Sat.), Lagoon feed (Sun.) - South Pacific Aquarium
- 11:30am Polar bear Keeper Talk - Arctic Tundra
- 12pm Seabird feed - Rocky Shores
- 12:30pm Walrus feed - Rocky Shores (Sun.)
- 1pm Sea otter feed and enrichment - Rocky Shores (Sat.)
- 2:30pm Octopus enrichment - lower North Pacifc Aquarium (Sat.)
- 3pm Sea lion Keeper Talk - Rocky Shores plus all our regular presentations! See schedule here
Sand, Sand, Sand
We're bringing in international sand sculptor Sue McGrew and her team on May 19 to create a mammoth ocean scene made of sand on our Hub lawn.
Sea turtles, hammerhead sharks, eagle rays, fish, jellyfish - all the animals coming soon to our brand-new Pacific Seas Aquarium will be there, sculpted in sand.
And everyone can find out how to protect our ocean animals from plastic, pollution and more with Zoo staff at activity stations.
All activities and special experiences are FREE with paid admission or membership. Skip the lines and enjoy a discount by purchasing online!