March 24 - March 25
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
We're closing the North Pacific Aquarium - and you're invited to celebrate memories!
The aquarium is 55 years old, and showing its age - so we're closing it and moving all its marine animals to their new home in the Pacific Seas Aquarium, opening summer. The last day to visit the NPA will be March 30. Read all about its history here.
And on closing weekend (March 24-25) we're having a party! Relive old memories, revisit our animals one last time in their old home, watch a feed or animal talk.
- 10am - 3pm both days: Write your NPA memories on a sticky-note bubble on our Memory Wall (upper level)
- All day: Watch our looping video (upper level)
- 11am - 3pm both days: Touch sea stars, urchins and more in the Marine Discovery Center (upper level)
- 11 am Sat: Watch divers splash in the central exhibit
- 2 pm Sat: Octopus enrichment with Oswald the octopus (lower level)
- 1pm both days: Meet Siesta the sloth (upper level)
- And come at 11 am Monday March 26th for a community feed (central exhibit)
Sharks and Stingrays
Don’t worry. The South Pacific Aquarium – home to 16 sharks, stingrays and tropical fish – will stay open.