Member Registration: February 1st, 2018
Open Registration: March 1st, 2018
Jr. Veterinarian (New!) - Thinking of becoming a veterinarian or veterinary technician? Explore the medical side of the zoo and learn what it takes to take care of everthing budgies to elephants. Members $135; Non-members $150 (Maximum 10 teens per session)
- July 16-20 ~ 1-4:30 pm (Create an ALL-DAY adventure with Wild Researchers, 9 am-12:30 pm)
- August 13-17 ~ 1-4:30 pm (Create an ALL-DAY adventure with Keeper for a Week, 9 am-12:30 pm)
Wild Researchers - Explore field biology by using the zoo and park as your personal laboratory. Learn real scientific techniques and gain experience using camera traps, GPS and other tools of science. Members $135; Non-Members $150 (Maximum 6 teens per session)
- July 16-20 ~ 9 am - 12:30 pm
Marine Biologist for a Week - Spend time with the sharks, prepare food for tropical fish, and meet marine mammal trainers in this one-of-a-kind career exploration experience. At the end of the week you'll join our scuba dive team to come Eye-to-Eye with the sharks in the South Pacific Aquarium. Learn more about Eye-to Eye. Members $195; Non-Members $210 (Maximum 5 teens per session)
- July 23-27 ~ 9 am-12:30 pm
- August 6-10 ~ 9 am-12:30 pm
Teen Wild Photographer - Learn how to take great digital photos through behind-the-scenes access and animal close encounters. Then participate in your own photo exhibition! Note: Students must provide their own digital cameras, memory card(s) and batteries. Members $150; Non-members $175 (Maximum 15 teens per session)
- July30-August 3 ~ 1-4:30 pm
Keeper for a Week - Scoop poop, prepare animal diets, and meet some amazing animals as you experience some of the fun (and work) that make up the daily life of a zookeeper. Members $135: Non-Members $150 (Maximum 6 teens per session)
- July 30-August 3 ~ 9 am-12:30 pm (Create an ALL-DAY adventure with Teen Wild Photographer, 1-4:30 pm)
- August 13-17 ~ 9 am-12:30 pm (Create an ALL-DAY adventure with Jr. Veterinarian, 1-4:30 pm)
- August 20-24 ~ 9 am-12:30 pm
Contact email@example.com for registration and additional information.
All participants must submit a Participant Form before camp begins.
Read our program policies.
Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium has proudly joined the Tacoma Summer Learning Collaborative, a new network of community organizations committed to providing summer learning opportunities for children and youth.