Volunteers of Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium donate their time, talents and energy to:
- Teach guests about PDZA animals
- Assist with the delivery of educational programs
- Staff special events
- Greet guests at the main entrance
- Maintain zoo grounds and exhibits
- Assist keepers with animal care
Are you interested in joining our dynamic and diverse team?
Once you have reviewed the volunteer opportunities, you are ready to take the next steps listed below.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Please review the following volunteer openings to see if one fits your skills and interests.
STEP 1: Complete and submit an online application.
STEP 2: Individual Interview.
Once you submit your online application you will be sent details about the interview.
Interviews will be scheduled during the 2 weeks prior to Zoo Orientation
STEP 3: PDZA Orientation
All accepted volunteers must attend the next Volunteer Orientation
Monday May 14, 2018
6:00pm - 9:00pmOnce you have completed your interview you will be sent more details regarding the orientation
Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium selects people for adult volunteering who are:
- At least 18 years old;
- Interested in and care about people, animals, and conservation;
- Friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and dependable;
- Committed to the highest standards of customer service;
- Able to meet their position's minimum commitment of hours;
- Able to attend a required Zoo Orientation;
- Able to contribute a $40 administrative fee (financial assistance is available);
- Able to pass a standard national background check