Zoo Guides (ages 14-18 and Grades 9-12)
- Do you love nature, the environment, or animals?
- Do you enjoy learning new things, sharing your knowledge, and making a difference?
- Are you between the ages of 14 and 18?
- Will you be entering 9th through 12th grade?
- Talk with Zoo Guests and Camp Participants about the animals in our exhibit areas.
- Educate Zoo Guests and Summer Camp Participants on a variety of animal, conservation and environmental issues.
- Guide activities in exhibit areas to encourage both children and adults to think about their place in the natural world and their role in conservation.
- Work with Summer Camp staff to offer an exciting learning opportunity to children ages 4-12.
- Set up and provide instruction with crafts, activities and games for Summer Camp participants.
- Help camp staff to guide campers around Zoo grounds while observing animals, attending keeper talks, and going on behind-the-scenes tours.
- Interact with Zoo Guests and Camp Participants of all ages in a fun and educational setting.
Please Note: Zoo Guides DO NOT assist with animal care.
Applications for the summer 2015 Zoo Guide season will be available in early December, 2014.