Zoo Guides (ages 14-18 and Grades 9-12)
- Do you love nature, the environment, or animals?
- Do you enjoy learning new things, sharing your knowledge, and making a difference?
- Are you between the ages of 14 and 18?
- Will you be entering 9th through 12th grade?
- Talk with Zoo Guests and Camp Participants about the animals in our exhibit areas.
- Educate Zoo Guests and Summer Camp Participants on a variety of animal, conservation and environmental issues.
- Guide activities in exhibit areas to encourage both children and adults to think about their place in the natural world and their role in conservation.
- Work with Summer Camp staff to offer an exciting learning opportunity to children ages 4-12.
- Set up and provide instruction with crafts, activities and games for Summer Camp participants.
- Help camp staff to guide campers around Zoo grounds.
- Interact with Zoo Guests and Camp Participants of all ages in a fun and educational setting.
- Participate in citizen science and conservation projects in the community.
Please Note: Zoo Guides DO NOT assist with animal care.
Applications for the summer 2015 Zoo Guide season are now available for download! Please read the Zoo Guide Description before completing the application. Completed applications and reference forms must be postmarked by January 26, 2015.
Questions? Please contact the Volunteer Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (253) 404-3687.