Zoo Guides (ages 14-18 and Grades 9-12)
- Do you love nature, the environment, or animals?
- Do you enjoy learning new things, sharing your knowledge, and making a difference?
- Are you between the ages of 14 and 18?
- Will you be entering 9th through 12th grade?
- Talk with Zoo Guests and Camp Participants about the animals in our exhibit areas.
- Educate Zoo Guests and Summer Camp Participants on a variety of animal, conservation and environmental issues.
- Guide activities in exhibit areas to encourage both children and adults to think about their place in the natural world and their role in conservation.
- Work with Summer Camp staff to offer an exciting learning opportunity to children ages 4-12.
- Set up and provide instruction with crafts, activities and games for Summer Camp participants.
- Help camp staff to guide campers around Zoo grounds while observing animals, attending keeper talks, and going on behind-the-scenes tours.
- Interact with Zoo Guests and Camp Participants of all ages in a fun and educational setting.
Please Note: Zoo Guides DO NOT assist with animal care.
Application for the summer 2014 Zoo Guide season is now closed. Applications postmarked by January 27 are under review.
2014 Zoo Guide Description
2014 Zoo Guide Application