Junior Guides (ages 11-13 & grades 6-9)
- Are you between the ages of 11 and 13?
- Are you currently in the 6th through 9th grade?
- Do you love nature, the environment, or animals?
- Do you enjoy learning new things, sharing your knowledge, and making a difference?
The Junior Guide Program has been designed specifically for Middle School and Junior High School students! From activities, tours and classes spent with the entire Junior Guide team, to working on-grounds with Zoo Guests in a small group - this program is a great opportunity to see what it's like to work at a zoo and aquarium.
Junior Guides learn more about the animals at PDZA and what they can do to conserve them in the wild. Junior Guides also have the opportunity to help with zoo-wide Special Events during the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons.
Junior Guides also work closely with the Senior Guides (experienced High School volunteers) and Staff to:
- Talk with Zoo Guests about the animals in our exhibit areas.
- Educate Zoo Guests on a variety of animal, conservation and environmental issues.
- Guide activities in animal exhibit areas to encourage both children and adults to think about their place in the natural world and the role they can take in its conservation.
- Interact with Zoo Guests of all ages in a fun and educational setting.
Please Note: Junior Guides DO NOT assist with animal care.
2013-2014 Applications will be available in August