Junior Guides (ages 11-13 & grades 6-9)
- Are you between the ages of 11 and 13?
- Are you currently in 6th-9th grade?
- Do you love nature, the environment, or animals?
- Do you enjoy learning new things, sharing your knowledge, and making a difference?
Applications for the 2015-2016 Junior Guide season are now available for download below. Please read the Junior Guide Description before submitting your application. Applications can be dropped off at the front gate of the zoo or sent to the address provided.
The Junior Guide Program has been designed specifically for Middle School and Junior High School students! From working on-grounds with Zoo Guests to activities, tours, and classes with the entire Junior Guide team - this program is a great opportunity to see what it's like to work at a zoo/aquarium.
Junior Guides learn about the animals at PDZA and what they can do to conserve them in the wild. Junior Guides may also have the opportunity to help with zoo-wide Special Events during the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons.
Junior Guides also work closely with the Senior Guides (experienced High School volunteers) and Staff to:
- Talk with Zoo Guests about the animals in our exhibits.
- Educate Zoo Guests on a variety of animal, conservation and environmental issues.
- Guide activities in animal exhibit areas to encourage both children and adults to think about their place in the natural world and their role in conservation.
- Interact with Zoo guests of all ages in a fun, educational setting.
Please Note: Junior Guides DO NOT assist with animal care.