Middle School Volunteer Opportunities
- Are you between the ages of 11 and 13?
- Are you currently in 6th-9th grade?
- Do you love nature, the environment, or animals?
- Do you enjoy learning new things, sharing your knowledge, and making a difference?
Junior Guide Applications are not being accepted at this time. Applications for the 2017-2018 season will be available in early September 2017.
As a Junior Guide you will get to connect with other Middle School and Junior High School students who have similar interests! From working on-grounds with Zoo Guests to activities, tours, and classes with the entire Junior Guide team - this is a great opportunity to see what it's like to work at a zoo/aquarium.
Junior Guides learn about the animals at PDZA and what they can do to conserve them in the wild. Junior Guides may also have the opportunity to help with zoo-wide Special Events during the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons.
Junior Guides also work closely with the Senior Guides (experienced High School volunteers) and Staff to:
- Talk with Zoo Guests about the animals in our exhibits.
- Educate Zoo Guests on a variety of animal, conservation and environmental issues.
- Guide activities in animal exhibit areas to encourage both children and adults to think about their place in the natural world and their role in conservation.
- Interact with Zoo guests of all ages in a fun, educational setting.
Please Note: Junior Guides DO NOT assist with animal care.