Join us in celebrating some of our favorite marine mammals: our playful sea otters!
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Discover how sea otters play a vital role in the near-shore ecosystem. Learn about their behavior, their natural history and conservation issues they face.
Animal EnrichmentsWatch sea otters enjoy special treats like sea urchins and blue crab at 10:30 am, 1 pm, and 4 pm.
- 11 am-3 pm: Enjoy hands-on sea otter activities and crafts in the Marine Discovery Center
- 1-3 pm: See where our keepers prepare meals for sea otters with a behind-the-scenes tour of the Marine Mammal Food Prep area
You "otter" know...
- ABRA was brought to the Monterey Bay Aquarium sea otter stranding program when she was about two days old and moved to Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in April 2004. She's famous for her cup-stacking skills.
- NELLIE was brought to the Monterey Bay Aquarium sea otter stranding program when she was about 14 weeks old and moved to Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in April 2004.
- KALADI was found on May 18, 2010 in Kodiak, Alaska when she was just a few days old. She was stabilized by staff at the Alaska SeaLife Center and arrived at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium on June 25, 2010.
- LIBBY was found on April 28, 2011 on Cayucos Beach in Morro Bay, CA when she was just a day old. She was stabilized by staff at the Monterey Bay Aquarium and arrived at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium on Nov. 2, 2011.
FREE with paid admission or membership. Skip the lines and enjoy a discount on general admission by purchasing online!