10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us for a 2 ton birthday party as we celebrate Suki's 50th birthday!
- Watch elephants enjoy a special birthday cake and talk to an elephant keeper (1 pm)
- Explore elephant biofacts, like teeth, tail hairs, and confiscated ivory art pieces
- Enjoy behind-the-scenes tours of the Elephant Barn (11:30 am-1 pm)
- Sign the pledge to ban ivory sales in Washington State
- Create an elephant picture using your hand's outline and post your "elphie" picture online. Send it to us @PtDefianceZoo and use the tag #onlyatPDZA for a chance to win prizes! Learn more
Did you know? Elephants need your help. The biggest threat to wild elephants is the ivory trade. 96 elephants are killed every day in Africa just for their tusks. Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium is joining more than 150 zoos, aquariums and other partners in the 96 Elephants campaign to stop the killing. Please join us during Suki's birthday celebration by signing the pledge to ban ivory sales in Washington State.
FREE with paid admission or membership. Skip the lines and enjoy a discount on general admission by purchasing online!