10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us for a five-ton birthday party as we celebrate Suki's 50th birthday!
- Watch elephants enjoy special birthday cakes; talk to an elephant keeper (1 pm)
- Explore elephant biofacts, like teeth, tail hairs, and confiscated ivory art pieces
- Enjoy behind-the-scenes tours of the Elephant Barn (11:30 am-1 pm)
- Sign the pledge to ban ivory sales in Washington State
- Create an elephant picture using your hand's outline and post your "elphie" picture online. Share it with us @PtDefianceZoo!
Join the herd. The biggest threat to wild elephants is the ivory trade. Sadly, 96 elephants are killed every day in Africa just for their tusks. Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium is joining more than 150 zoos, aquariums and other partners in the 96 Elephants campaign to stop the killing. Please join us on Suki's birthday by signing the pledge to ban ivory sales in Washington State.
Paws for the Cause. Did you know that palm oil is a form of vegetable oil that you likely eat or use every day? Most commercial palm oil is produced in Southeast Asia, the home of elephants and many other species. Some companies farm palm oil in ways that are deforestation-free. Stop by our Tiger Truck on Suki's birthday to learn how you can help protect wild elephants by urging companies to harvest palm oil in a responsible way. Raise your paw!
FREE with paid admission or membership. Skip the lines and enjoy a discount on general admission by purchasing online!