July 30 - July 31
Pounce over to the Zoo for this celebration that is purrfect for the entire family. See clouded leopards play and watch tigers enjoy special treats designed by their keepers. Discover feline fun at activity stations and learn about cat conservation projects.
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Clouded Leopard Playtime (11 am) - Watch clouded leopard triplets Saffron, Masala, and Coriander jump and climb in their exercise yard
- Tiger Keeper Talk (12:30 pm) - Watch tigers get a special tiger enrichment
- Tiger Training Session (4 pm) - Learn how keepers train tigers and watch how they interact with each other
- Dining Out - Guess how much a tiger eats in one sitting
- Matching Cat Fur - Learn about the amazing variety of cat species in the wild
- Become a Cat - Get crafty and make your own cat ears!
- What's a lynx - Test your knowledge on the characteristics of a lynx
- Say Cheese - Using camera trap photos, identify clouded leopards in the wild
This event falls right after Global Tiger Day, which focuses on the plight of Sumatran, Amur and Bengal tigers around the world. You can help support tiger conservation projects through donations to The Zoo Society's Dr. Holly Reed Wildlife Conservation Fund.
Learn about tiger and clouded leopard conservation projects >
Paws for the Cause: Did you know that palm oil is a form of vegetable oil that you likely eat or use every day? Most commercial palm oil is produced in Southeast Asia, the home of many wild cats and other species. Some companies farm palm oil in ways that are deforestation- free. Learn more about responsible palm oil.
FREE with paid admission or membership. Skip the lines and enjoy a discount on general admission by purchasing online!