July 12 - July 13
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saving wild cats is so important that we're setting aside the weekend to celebrate our tigers and clouded leopards! Pounce over to the Zoo for this celebration that is purrfect for the entire family. Make a cat-like connection with our resident cats and watch them enjoy special treats and toys designed by their keepers. Discover some feline fun at activity stations and learn about cat conservation projects.
- Tiger & You Photo Op: Take your selfie as a Tiger Field Biologist.
- Dining Out: Test your tiger knowledge and guess how much a tiger eats in one sitting.
- Tiger Dating Game: Learn how the Species Survival Plan manages Sumatran tigers across the country.
- Who am I?: Identify the wild cats caught in real field research camera traps.
- Balance Like a Cat: Balance, climb, and jump like a clouded leopard on our obstacle course.
Animal Appearances and Enrichments
- 11:00 am - Clouded Leopard Keeper Talk (Asian Forest Sanctuary)
- 12:00 pm - See a serval in the Wild Wonders Outdoor Theater show
- 12:30 pm - Tigers play with special treats and toys (Asian Forest Sanctuary)
- 2:00 pm - Meet a serval up close in the exercise yard near Wild Wonders Outdoor Theater
- 3:00 pm - Clouded Leopard Keeper Talk (Asian Forest Sanctuary)
- 3:30 pm - See a serval in the Wild Wonders Outdoor Theater show
- 4:00 pm - Tigers play with special treats and toys (Asian Forest Sanctuary)
Paws for the Cause! Did you know that palm oil is a form of vegetable oil that you likely eat or use every day? Most commercial palm oil is produced in Southeast Asia, the home of many wild cats and other species. Some companies farm palm oil in ways that are deforestation-free. Stop by our Tiger Truck during Wild Cat Weekend to learn how you can help protect wild cats by urging companies to harvest palm oil in a responsible way. Learn more about responsible palm oil.
Activities are FREE with paid admission or membership. Skip the lines and enjoy a discount by purchasing online!