Adult VolunteersVolunteers of Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium donate their time, talents and energy to:
- Help guests learn about the animals they see on exhibit
- Assist with the delivery of educational programs
- Staff special events
- Greet guests at the main entrance
- Maintain zoo grounds and exhibits
- Assist keepers with animal care
Are you interested in joining our dynamic and diverse team?
Once you have reviewed the volunteer opportunities, you are ready to take the NEXT STEPS in the application process. Interested individuals will need to complete an online application, interview, and background check before being accepted as a volunteer for Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium.
Zoolights greeter welcomes guests to Zoolights and assists them in giving directions, in using the ticket turnstiles, and answering questions. Zoolights greeters interact with guests of all ages.
Zoolights ambassador welcomes guests and makes suggestions for a meaningful and fun experience. Ambassadors roam the grounds giving directions, answering questions and letting guests know about special programs taking place. Zoo Ambassadors interact with guests of all ages.
- At least 18 years old;
- Interested in and care about people, animals, and conservation;
- Friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and dependable;
- Committed to the highest standards of customer service;
- Able to meet their position's minimum commitment of hours;
- Able to attend a required Zoo Orientation;
- Able to contribute a $40 administrative fee (financial assistance is available);
- Able to pass a standard national background check; and
- Able to sign a Metro Parks Tacoma disclosure statement.