Adult VolunteersVolunteers of Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium donate their time, talents and energy to:
- Help guests learn about the animals they see on exhibit
- Assist with the delivery of educational programs
- Staff special events
- Greet guests at the main entrance
- Maintain zoo grounds and exhibits
- Assist keepers with animal care
Are you interested in joining our dynamic and diverse team?
Once you have reviewed the volunteer opportunities, you are ready to take the next steps in the application process. Interested individuals will need to complete an online application, interview and background check and zoo orientation before being accepted as a volunteer for Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
Please review the position description and apply online using the link.
Volunteers will work various jobs at Zoobilee, a philanthropic event raising money to support the animals, education and conservation efforts of Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium. Apply Online
STEP 1: Complete and submit an online application.
After your application has been received, you will receive an email confirming your submission.
STEP 2: Zoobilee Volunteer Orientation
All volunteers are strongly encouraged to attend an orientation to have a better understanding of their job responsibilities.
Wednesday, July 19 6p - 8p
Saturday, July 22 10a - 12p
- At least 18 years old;
- Interested in and care about people, animals, and conservation;
- Friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and dependable;
- Committed to the highest standards of customer service;
- Able to meet their position's minimum commitment of hours;
- Able to attend a required Zoo Orientation;
- Able to contribute a $40 administrative fee (financial assistance is available);
- Able to sign a Metro Parks Tacoma disclosure statement; and
- Able to pass a standard national background check.